SGM develops and manufactures LED solutions for the architectural and entertainment lighting markets.
At SGM, ICONIC projects are part of our everyday.
We are looking to hire a Specifications Manager to join our growing SGM US operations. You will be leading the specification, project and sales development to the install market in North America in one of the fastest growing companies in the industry. This position will offer unique opportunities with accountability for the promotion and sales of SGM’s products, services and solutions.
This critical role requires a customer-focused, results-oriented, energetic leader with a passion for the success, innovation, and the skills to deliver exceptional results and scale the business.
Candidate should have a problem-solving approach to the customers’ requests, with continual follow-up on tasks even under periods of expanding workloads.
The role will incorporate (but is not limited to) the following key responsibilities
- Develop, support, educate and motivate a network of existing independent sales representatives.
- Help sales representatives, specifiers and direct clients find the best product solutions for their applications and projects.
- Assist representatives, specifiers and direct clients with project lay-out recommendations, renderings, project management and execution.
- Provide advance sales support including quotations, product advice and pre-installation planning.
- Influence and increase product specifications by developing, maintaining and deepening relationships with lighting designers, consultants and specifiers.
- Maintain and improve relationships with direct clients.
- Maintain opportunities and contacts within CRM software (Salesforce) to provide regular reports and feedback on progress within the territory.
- Demonstrate products to communicate key selling points, features and benefits.
- Develop training materials, sales presentations, marketing materials to help promote the brand.
- Assist with coordination for and attend sales and marketing activities such as open houses, seminars, tradeshows, and other industry functions.
- Coordinate with Support teams on training and documentation, and provide troubleshooting assistance as necessary.
- Travel as required.
- Work effectively from home office when not travelling.
- Other duties, as required, to support a highly dynamic, rapidly growing working environment.
Personal skills and qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within the Entertainment, Architectural or Theatrical lighting industry.
- Knowledge of architectural lighting design with proficiency to make quality layout and rendering recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate with a variety of audiences, adjusting messaging dynamically as needed.
- Outstanding, positive attitude, with strong focus on Teamwork and long-term investment.
- Ideal candidate is results oriented, communicates with confidence, passion and enthusiasm.
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint); Preferred experience in Dialux, CAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative cloud.
- Familiarity with control platforms, DMX, RDM, Artnet, sACN as well as controller programming such as ETC, MA, Pharos, etc.
We are offering an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment together with one of the world’s leading LED light fixture developers.
Initiative, responsibility, credibility, character and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions are attributes we value highly.
For consideration, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org